Internic Story #?

Author:Bernie DeKoven
Posted:5/11/1999; 9:59:05 AM
Topic:Internic Story #?

I understand that I am not alone.

Not the only one who tried to reason with Internic. And failed.

Not the only one who filled out every form. Responded to every e-mail. Used every tracking number. Downloaded, signed, notarized, and register actually mail the fargin' form. And been told that we still haden't done enough. Told, I must say, in a voice of barely concealed glee.

Told later, as a matter of bizarre circumstance, by yet another employee that a simple signed fax and a few e-mails and a payment were all that were in fact required for the ultimate completion of our transaction. Only to discover that the pay-by-mail wasn't working, and that we had to have an invoice number to pay by phone, which we could only get by calling, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. And then to hear the voice of compassion explaining us that we were only a mere fax away. A mere fax!

And then, 6 e-mails later, and two more phone calls, to be told that whoever told us that we could do with a fax what obviously required a complete resubmission of the incorrectly printed out form was, in fact, misinformed.

Even though everyone involved had explicity and implicity informed Internic that we each separately and collectively want this domain name assigned to this person and I've spent so far $60 and several hours and developed an increasingly strained relationship...

It's good to know, I guess, that I'm not the only one.