Re: Email to Michael Dell

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/12/1999; 7:13:19 PM
Topic:Bad experience with Dell service

Luckily you have Michael Dell's email address and a reasonably high profile, so the chances of getting something out of it are probably increased (a little bit).

I wouldn't count on it. I gave up a few hours ago. They want me to send the laptop back yet again and go thru the loop and I said no.

The problem is clearly that they don't test the machines before they send the back to the customer. This is where the disconnect is.

We've even learned that at least in some situations, they *can't* test it. So they rely on us to do it, and of course we get no closer to solving the problem.