Re: Email to Michael Dell

Author:Richard Winchell
Posted:5/12/1999; 6:59:50 PM
Topic:Bad experience with Dell service

My Dell laptop has gone back twice, both times for the same minor problem: a broken screen latch. Both times I have had problems communicating with Dell, the most recent time nearly resulting in my laptop being shipped back to Dell while I was on vacation in Paris.

So, yeah, I think buying a ThinkPad and billing them would be a reasonable payment for 442 hours (and counting) of not having a working laptop.

Luckily you have Michael Dell's email address and a reasonably high profile, so the chances of getting something out of it are probably increased (a little bit).