scriptingNews outline for 5/17/99

Author:Dave Winer

New channel: BMW Motorcycle Owners of America. Perfect!

Lindon Parker runs an on-line only record company. He thinks MP3's days might be numbered.

VQF.Com compares their format to MP3.

Matt Hamer raises some tricky problems with the XML format used for Scripting News. If you're reading our XML file, please check this out, a change to the DTD and a tweak to the format may be coming.

News.com: Linux.Com Goes Live Tomorrow.

Red Herring: Third Voice Will Make Money.

Emmanuel Décarie, a Mac scripting expert, new to Unix, asks how interapplication communication works on Unix.

Dan Shafer is getting ready for the Builder.Com conference in New Orleans in December. I went to this conference two years ago, it was fan-tas-tic!

InfoWorld compares RedHat and Caldera.

NY Times: All About.Com.