Re: The road to Manila

Author:David Theige
Posted:6/13/1999; 1:49:24 PM
Topic:Easy Content Syndication

Dave, it's hard for me to communicate via a keyboard sometimes. I'm trying to be supportive and I apologize if any of my remarks have offended you. I have no doubts that Manila will be something wonderful (that's why it is hard for me to reserve judgment!). Your history would suggest nothing less. My point is simply that no matter how wonderful it is, and even if it brings you billions of new and delighted users, I respectfully predict (and you may disagree)that a few will still find reason to complain because...some people just don't like change. I have no doubt that some people complained when the wheel replaced (whatever). You can only be disappointed if you expect to make everybody happy. Life doesn't work that way. You are right, I don't know anything about Manila. But, I do know something about people.

That said, Dave Winer and Userland have repeatedly made ME very happy. And that's something I'm an expert on!