Re: Scripts to produce Channel files?

Author:Seth Dillingham
Posted:6/17/1999; 6:59:50 AM
Topic:Scripts to produce Channel files?

Marc Canter's channel is produced automatically with a script. In fact, there is never a "file" produced. His RSS URL is actually a call to a MainResponder page, which produces the RSS data on the fly.

It's very fast, I don't think the script needs much optimization. It's flexible, too... in the system we're doing for his company, they could have many users, and this will allow them all to publish their own RSS files.

We use Frontier's flavor of RegEx to produce the RSS from a standard WebLog page. I think it could be pretty easily duplicated in any language that supports Regular Expressions.

Seth