The Weblog of Weblogs

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/19/1999; 10:48:50 PM
Topic:The Weblog of Weblogs

This afternoon I figured out how to track stories across all channels hosted on My.UserLand.Com. This evening I've got it working and it's interesting!

http://my.userland.com/newstories

How it works

As we load channels, when a new story appears it's added at the top of this page, along with a link to the channel it came from.

If you watch this page as the day goes by, you get a "join" of all the news channels participating in My.UserLand.Com.

An observation, channels that use the fat 2.0b1 format look a lot more reasonable viewed this way.

And while I think it's important to say where the story came from, ie who's pointing to it, I think the rightmost column is too wide. I have to take a fresh look at this in the morning.