Magic 8032 bytes?

Author:Kurt Granroth
Posted:6/26/1999; 12:44:19 PM
Topic:Magic 8032 bytes?

Has anybody else had problems viewing my.userland.com or discuss.userland.com pages? When I view the pages from work, I have no problems whatsoever. When I view them from home (over a terrible on-line connection), I am stopped at exactly 8032 bytes.

Yes, it is that precise. I tried:

http://discuss.userland.com

http://my.userland.com

http://my.userland.com/choose

http://www.xmlrpc.com/stories/storyReader$7

And all returned EXACTLY 8032 bytes of HTML. Netscape can't handle broken tables so it displays nothing. IE4 displays what it received.

I have never had this problem with any other sites nor with some scripting.com sites. Any clues?