Re: NT Licensing is worse than you fear.

Author:erik@geekfun.com
Posted:6/28/1999; 5:32:28 PM
Topic:NT Licensing is worse than you fear.

You think Micorosoft's SQL licensing is bad, try compairing it to Oracle's! Ouch!

The problem I have is, there doesn't seem to be a suitable low cost substitute on Linux if you need a real RDBMS. The low cost SQL servers like mSQL and mySQL don't support tranasactions! And Interbase is not, near as I can tell, ready for SMP.