Channel Hosting

Author:Dru Oja Jay
Posted:6/29/1999; 8:44:50 AM
Topic:Channel Hosting

Has anyone considered providing a service for people wanting to create a channel on my.userland.com without having any kind of web page?

As I see it, this has two major advantages:

This would be ideal for people who don't have the time, energy, or expertise to maintain a web site, and don't update often enough to justify it, or just very irregularly.

It would be fairly easy to put a web interface on editing an RSS or file - e.g. the user clicks on a link titled "new item", fills in the URL and the text, and clicks submit. Of course, quite a few sites could easily be supported by an old powermac, since there is so little traffic.

thoughts?