Re: A common syndication format?

Author:Ian Davis
Posted:7/2/1999; 7:35:21 AM
Topic:Syndication formats mailing list

An enhanced RSS format fits very well with certain news and weblog sites, but there are several sites that don't use headlines (Scripting News, CamWorld, Bump) so The problem is, having no headline titles messes up headline clients like Carmen's headline viewer (screenshot). This leads to site like CamWorld hand crafting the RSS file which inevitably leads to them being out of step with the main page (after all the weblog format is all about convenience and getting the thoughts out as simply as possible).

I don't think we're going to be able to find a format that fits everyone's needs but I think it's worth trying to get to a compromise situation where we can meet most of the needs of most of the people.

.id.