Re: No more 404s at InfoWorld but a new problem pops up

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:7/6/1999; 7:14:09 AM
Topic:No more 404s at InfoWorld but a new problem pops up

StyleSheet doesn't work with sloppy HTML, especially with HTML that has opeing

but no

.

well, people shouldn't use browsers that don't understand that paragraph end tags are optional ;-)

(but infoworld's archive looks bad also with real browsers; looks like they've simply removed all margins from plain paragraphs, and are using something like

on the main site... should be easy to fix, though...)

The HTML in my site is so sloppy that it probably will break the StyleSheet, but there are 15,000+ article inside the database and I am the only designer ...

assuming that you can pull them out and put them back again, Dave Raggett's tidy tool will clean them up for you:

http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/