Re: No more 404s at InfoWorld but a new problem pops up

Author:--
Posted:7/6/1999; 3:09:49 PM
Topic:No more 404s at InfoWorld but a new problem pops up

well, people shouldn't use browsers that don't understand that paragraph end tags are optional ;-)

I really want to find out what browser you are using. I tried MSIE 4 (on the Mac IE 4.5) & NS 4.6.1, but missing paragraph end tags cause problems on all of them. You may get away with some simple pages, but if you are making a page with a lot of tables, you should be prepared to close your eyes and not to watch it.

assuming that you can pull them out and put them back again, Dave Raggett's tidy tool will clean them up for you:

That's not so easy, all the text are in an Oracle database, and it's out of my touch ... I am just a poor web designer who happens to know some scripting :-(