AirPort negotiation

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:7/23/1999; 10:09:33 AM
Topic:Charlie Kindel on Apple's AirPort

I've been looking at information on 802.11 and I can't find anything on how the hubs negotiotiate when there is a client within range of two hubs. Anyone have any idea? I imagine there could be situations where you need to have more than 10 clients within a 150 ft. area- therefore the need for more AirPort access points. How do the clients know which hub they're communicating with?

--Steve