Re: AirPort negotiation

Author:Don W Strickland
Posted:7/23/1999; 1:05:33 PM
Topic:Charlie Kindel on Apple's AirPort

I read that AirPort Bases have names and if two bases have the same name, then an iBook can roam from one to the other with 'continuous' connectivity. If they have different names then together they can support up to 20 iBooks (10 each). The article went on to say that multiple bases with the same name create a sort of Cell Network, allowing roaming from cell to cell.

I might have read it in the Apple TIL article published yesterday about AirPort networks.