Phone talk with Doc

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/1/1999; 3:53:04 PM
Topic:Phone talk with Doc

I had a nice talk with Doc Searls this morning..

The subject got around to where we would be on New Years.

I said Doc get a clue (he's the Cluetrain guy) I'm going to be nursing my computers when the Millenium changes, and I'll be watching as the net flickers on and off. I figure when we rollover a century a bunch of things will break all over the place. It'll probably take at least a half-hour to get it back running again.

Then Doc said he was surprised, he had me figured as a Costa Rica on NewYears type guy. Then I thought about it and said that maybe I would change my mind if the right offer came along.

Anyway, in the raucous back and forth I said that this NewYears will be a combination of Friday the 13th and April Fools. I wanted to remember that, that's why I posted this.

Seeya later!

PS: One more thing. I found out that Doc was in NY the day the Mets won the World Series in 1969. How's that for a coincidence! I was there too.