Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/4/1999; 5:18:40 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

DaveNet: Why Should AOL Open Up?

Outliners.Com: ThinkTank 2.41NP. (IBM PC, 1987) "There's a routine that clicks the speaker, every time the software checks for the Escape key. Originally I put this in as a way to be sure that it was checking often enough during lengthy operations. I left the sounds in, people thought ThinkTank had a motor!"

Outliners.Com: MORE 3.0. (Mac, 1990) "All the other outliners were love affairs that were over quickly. On to the next thing. A new platform, a new way to sneak into memory with other apps, try out a graphic platform, try again, then again." MORE 3.0 was different.

TechWeb: Classic Software is Reborn on the Web. "A handful of the pioneering developers of groundbreaking applications, such as VisiCalc, Turbo Pascal and C, ThinkTank, Ready! and MORE, are posting original versions that can be downloaded for free."

Brad Pettit's MORE2Text translator. Brad was on the MORE team, versions 2 and 3.

MacUser (1986): Product of the Year.

Scott Lawton: MORE: As Revolutionary as Lotus 1-2-3.

MORE 1.1c retail box: front, back.

Our T1 line is getting swamped again! MORE 3.0 is a big download, 1755K. I'm glad so many people are downloading it. And Ric Ford is calling antique software a hot topic. Cooool! The Mac has an interesting history to explore and until now there hasn't been much of that.