Syndication

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:8/4/1999; 6:30:55 AM
Topic:Syndication

I just signed our site up for Excite's affiliate's program (see http://affiliate.excite.com/ and http://affiliate.excite.com/content_examples.html). Extraordinarily easy to implement -- essentially doing a kind of include with content from other sites. You just do a . You can see what it looks like on my site at http://www.wc.cc.va.us/facstaff/

Strikes me that this could be an ideal application for all these weblogs. I suspect that userland.com doesn't have the performance/bandwidth yet to support it, but if it did, it could be a central brokering point for sites sharing content.

Not sure what the business model is, since typically the links on a weblog are not to the weblog site, but to somewhere else (it would be hard to count clicks since the linked sites aren't signed up)

David