Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Frontier 6.1d11 on Nirvana
Author: Dave Winer Posted: 8/17/1999; 6:46:52 AM Topic: Frontier 6.1d11 on Nirvana Msg #: 9591 Prev/Next: 9590 / 9592
We're running a new Frontier kernel on this server.
The major change, from the online user's perspective, is that this server should be faster now, especially for people who were reporting truncated pages, or pages that didn't display properly in their browser.
However, it may also be less reliable. There's a lot of new code running now. If there are problems we will have to revert to an earlier version.
Sites on this server
- Here's an image served by Frontier 6.1d11 running on this machine.
- Here's the same image being served by IIS running on NT4.
- And on Apache/Linux (the Qube).
- And on Frontier 6.0 (web server not kernelized).
BTW, for its grainy quality the image is surprisingly large, 125783 bytes.
If you were seeing truncated pages
Try loading the Topics page. It's a longish page with a big table.
There are responses to this message:
- topics list, Robert Brook, 8/17/1999; 9:20:16 AM
- Re: Frontier 6.1d11 on Nirvana, Philippe Martin, 8/17/1999; 11:10:18 AM
- Re: Frontier 6.1d11 on Nirvana, Malcolm Fitzgerald, 8/17/1999; 9:00:20 PM
- Re: Frontier 6.1d11 on Nirvana, Gary Secondino, 8/18/1999; 2:07:53 AM
- Re: Frontier 6.1d11 on Nirvana, Ken Dow, 8/19/1999; 6:54:06 AM
- Re: Frontier 6.1d11 on Nirvana, Jacob Levy, 8/22/1999; 1:35:07 PM
- Frontier 6.1b1 on Nirvana, Dave Winer, 8/31/1999; 12:53:31 PM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:51:56 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.