Re: Bill Joy a credit-taker?

Author:Bill St. Clair
Posted:8/20/1999; 4:23:10 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I don't know how much Bill Joy had to do with the original design and implementation of Java. I DO know, however, that he does an excellent job of evangelizing Java. The one time I heard him speak was the day he visited Apple's Cambridge Research Lab where I worked on Macintosh Common Lisp and Dylan. He gave an excellent talk about Java using only transparencies written on with colored markers and an overhead projector. Listening to him was a real joy (pun noticed, but not intended).

Orca also worked at the lab for a while. I didn't know she was a co-author of the Hooked on Java book. Thanks, Keola, for mentioning that. It brings back fond memories for me.