Re: Carl Sagan and Marijuana

Author:Ned T. Baugh
Posted:8/23/1999; 9:40:06 AM
Topic:Carl Sagan and Marijuana

I'm not sure that too much should be made about MJ's pros or cons based on Carl Sagan's use of it. The man was extrodinary and charismatic and intelligent, and I doubt MJ had much to do with any of those characteristics. That he was able to enjoy his smoke in a non-self-destructive manner probably speaks more to his intelligence and personality rather than some inate "non-dangerous" feature of Marijuana.

Still, it is interesting to note that so many people seem to be able to enjoy that particular plant without damaging side effects, while alcohol and tobacco remain the cause of so many health issues.