htmlInterfaces.people in multiple DGs

Author:Mark Gillingham
Posted:8/31/1999; 6:29:14 AM
Topic:Membership Q

I'm confused about the relationship of htmlInterfaces.people in a second or third discussion group. Should one pull this table into a new DG table (like one does for the htmInterfaces.logon table)? If one is a member of DGa and DGb and each has a different cookie name in members.root, then what?

With all of this cofusion as preamble, why would a DG called with

http://myServer/htmlInterfaces/myGroup/public

resolve to

http://myServer/htmlInterfaces/myGroup/public?http://myServer/htmlInterfaces/myGroup/public/people/prefs/

Notice that I have pulled htmlInterfaces.people into myGroup and changed #urls to point to it. I think I could write a new doc for multiple DGs, if I could understand this part -- maybe ;-)