I need a script too

Author:Paul Howson
Posted:9/6/1999; 4:29:38 PM
Topic:Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

So you're not the only person who finds their mailboxes growing huge with no way of organising all that historical data.

I'm using Claris Emailer on Mac and the same thing applies. It amazes me that the people who create these programs have not forseen this problem. (There is a Frontier suite called MailtoFM which purports to transfer mail from Emailer to FileMaker, but ... it all takes time to get these things working. Wouldn't it be nice if it just happened automatically?)

The other problem with these email programs (at least using smtp style mail) is that your mail ends up on ONE MACHINE, not accessible over a network. If you switch computers (as I do) then you can end up with little bits of email stored all over the place.