Re: IMAP

Author:James Spahr
Posted:9/6/1999; 5:28:47 PM
Topic:Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

I used IMAP for about 6 months. I got really tired of waiting... and waiting...

I went back to POP. I now split my mail at the server, I save a copy of every mail message to an individual text file. Every 3-4 months I have around 600 megs of mail and I burn a CD (with a sherlock index).

I then clear out my email program's database. I just did this yesterday, but instead of clearing emailer's database - I decided to try MailSmith.

As for multiple machines. I used 3 of them, I just set POP to leave the mail on the server for x days and eventually all three machines have all my mail.