Versions, categorization, dmoz.org

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/9/1999; 6:12:31 AM
Topic:rss channels via email

Why should we change the version number? I admit that 2.0b1 is awkward. But wouldn't changing the version number force all those people to update their scripts? Maybe the thing to do is to add a couple of new optional features that are sexy and call it 2.0?

One of the things I've been meaning to ask, and now might be a good time, is what progress has been made on categorization? How did your Dewey Decimal idea work out? I have some of my own ideas, but if there's a consensus on categorization now I'd like to get updated.

BTW, every time I talk with Jon Udell he says we should just use dmoz.org. I'm thinking about that too.