Re: New Third Voice version out

Author:Jonathan Hendry
Posted:9/15/1999; 7:14:36 PM
Topic:New Third Voice version out

If you run such a filter on scripting news, it could make Dave's site look like it's essentially written as a racial slur.

I can certainly imagine what Third Voice is like, and I've seen the screen shots.

I'm not sure how it is terribly different from a website which puts scripting news in one frame, and scripting news-related Usenet postings in another frame. (This doesn't work so well with Scripting News; imagine instead Red Hat, Apple or Microsoft.) Third Voice is simply more efficient and more directly linked to website content.

IMHO, the best response is to ignore Third Voice, and their users, because it's not likely to be terribly significant in the grand scheme of things. I mean, is there *any* utility to it? Is the signal/noise ratio high enough to provide any useful content?

Getting annoyed about the things posted on TV makes as much sense as Metallica getting upset that someone wrote Metallica SuCKS! on some junior high desk somewhere.