Re: If I were Microsoft's Marketing God

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/19/1999; 10:39:13 AM
Topic:If I were Microsoft's Marketing God

I had a similar revelation in the late 80s, I imagine Guido did too. All of a sudden scripts got a lot faster when you run them on machines that are designed to push around massive amounts of pixels at a human-acceptable rate. The then-new machines, mostly the Mac, were incredible script-running engines. But even they pale in comparison to the current high-end. I'm amazed at how much script code runs on our servers and yet the performance is quite good.