Re: If I were Microsoft's Marketing God

Author:Nick Sweeney
Posted:9/19/1999; 12:53:18 PM
Topic:If I were Microsoft's Marketing God

I've been hitting the AOLServer-based site (www.photo.net/wtr) for a few weeks now, and I've yet to see it hiccup. Slashdot disappears from radar every once in a while (server crashing I would assume). phot.net uses an Oracle db to serve some of the content.

I'm just curious.

Phil Greenspun has an awful lot of backend for photo.net, and a lot of expertise onsite, keeping things running:

http://www.photo.net/hardware.html -- 3000lbs of server!