Re: Java in its uberness was a smoke-blow

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/24/1999; 12:48:51 PM
Topic: "Java was a smoke-blow"

I wanted to have Java be integrated in Frontier, so we could be a development environment for Java. Also if JNI existed in 1995, I certainly didn't know about it. It's now 1999 and we found a different mission, web content management, and having Java connect to Frontier is great, but not nearly worth the diversion it would have been in 1995 when Frontier was looking for something to do that would get it visible. Different times. The opportunity was there then, not now.