"Java was a smoke-blow"

Author:Jock Murphy
Posted:9/24/1999; 9:19:49 AM
Topic: "Java was a smoke-blow"

Really? Thats news to me, here I am working in Java everyday, it seems pretty real to me. I make a multimedia authoring system written in Java. I choose Java because I think it's a better language, and because of the very real portability I gained from it.

Right now I have more than 125+ CBT courses built with my system running in 200+ locations: http://industry.java.sun.com/javanews/stories/story2/0,1072,12266,00.html

Java hasn't been Sun's vehicle to world domination, nor do I want it to be. I would prefer it were in the hands of an independant group to steward the language. That being said, it is very real.

--Jock

PS: Otherwise a good piece