Re: Java in its uberness was a smoke-blow

Author:Donald W. Larson
Posted:9/24/1999; 3:25:38 PM
Topic: "Java was a smoke-blow"

The JDK's before 1.1 would probably have caused you and the UserLand staff a lot of grief. For one thing, the early Java VM's would have made Frontier work real slow, IMHO.

You've stated the 1999 and beyond mission here clearly enough for me to understand. I for one, am not complaining about why Java is not in Frontier. That Frontier can work with Java and others via XML-RPC is pretty cool in my mind.

I understand your original "Smoke-Blow" (is that in the glossary?) comment in a better context now that it's been clarified.