Re: Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/2/1999; 11:54:31 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I meant it as an invitation. I have been pretty direct about asking Red Hat to work with us. I'm going to keep asking until we find someone who is empowered and excitable at Red Hat, and hopefully get them to see what we can do. Since Dale Dougherty posted his comments here on one aspect of our conversation, I'm going to post some of mine. My thinking includes this point of view Ken, which I agree with. But to make things happen, it helps to attach the support of big names. We asked Eric Raymond for his support of XML-RPC, we also asked, thru Tim O'Reilly, the CEOs of Red Hat and VA Systems. We still want to make the connection. My method is to keep saying I want it publicly until it happens. No criticism intended of either Linux or Red Hat.