Re: The Linux Myth

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:10/4/1999; 2:05:18 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I don't think it's accurate to compare a Sega Dreamcast to a $199 PC. The Dreamcast is sold at a loss and the money is made back on games. However, WebTV hardware is also sold at a loss, so that may be a business model that MS is willing to use.

(BTW, I think it should be possible to sell a PC for $199 without requiring any hidden charges like ISP service or ads. But it would probably be a PowerPC-on-a-chip that doesn't run Windows 98.)