Re: Creating an Aggregator without XML-RPC

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/11/1999; 8:27:28 AM
Topic:Creating an Aggregator without XML-RPC

I am puzzling over this too. I want to get to turnkey. I think each environment has a different idea of what's turnkey. The first groups we can reach are the ones with 7-by-24 net connections. I have my desktop machine, a 450Mhz NT Workstation machine, setup as an affiliate, and I totally don't notice the processing it does when it gets the XML-RPC message from the aggregator.

I think we could do something like this -- set your channel preferences thru a browser interface, and then every time a story comes in on one of your channels, rewrite a static XML file that you can check whenever you want. That would be the way to serve content developers with only part-time net connections.

If there are people who would commit to putting the result of such a feature on an active web page, I'll program it on the aggregator end.