Like IBM was to Mac Fans

Author:Erik Neu
Posted:10/13/1999; 8:18:11 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I agree with Dave's post. The analogy that comes to me is IBM (10-11 years ago, before Microsoft had come to be seen as the resident bully) to Mac adherents. I couldn't count the number of times Mac users would compare the price of the Mac to IBM-brand offerings. They were so focused on IBM, they couldn't see that there was a whole, big, messy, competitive market out there, and they were measuring against the wrong standard.