Re: Jorn's Mega Content Station

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/25/1999; 6:03:58 AM
Topic:Jorn's Mega Content Station

If only Microsoft was brave enough to get everything to run inside the browser and after this throwing Windows away and building a real OS that would be slim and fast and bug free...

No way Jose!

The web browser is great, my whole business is built around it, as is almost everyone else's, but this would be a terrible mistake.

Try living without your desktop apps for a week and let me know how it goes. (That would mean throwing out Frontier, of course.)

Windows sucks. Mac sucks. Linux sucks. Frontier sucks. Everything sucks until you try to replace it, and the new stuff sucks too. That's just how software is.