Re: Netscape and CSS

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:12/10/1999; 4:23:06 PM
Topic:Netscape and CSS

Please dont take any of my comments as a personal attack. I was unable to convey emotion via this post, which now that I re-read it looks critical. I actually was hoping to sound helpful.

Please accept my apologies on this regard.

In terms of adding a lot of bells and whistles, - nope, that's not what's happening. There are a lot of fundimental architectural issues that are being addressed. A way to gauge the progress of mozilla is to look at the kinds of bugs that are being reported at bugzilla: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

There's virtually no code from 4.x in 5.x. It's a complete rewrite. So there will be much less "bloat" than what you may feel there is in 4.x.

All I can really say is that when it gets released, give it a try, and if you dont like it, click uninstall. Hopefully, there will be something there that you find compelling enough to give it a go.

Cheers!