Re: Your favorite web-based DG interfaces?

Author:John VanDyk
Posted:1/5/2000; 5:16:36 PM
Topic:Your favorite web-based DG interfaces?

First, their page always seemed dog-slow (even at work)...

For me it usually either comes up right away or there's a long pause and then it all comes up. It seems to be a server-processing thing, not a transmission thing. Maybe Frontier's ODB performance would help here.

Second, I don't like the ratings. I'll decide what authors or subjects interest me, thank you

I guess the usefulness of this feature would depend on your site's purpose. For academic use, I would like this for online student discussions in large classes. For low-traffic discussions, it would not be as useful.

Third, the whole site just bothers my eyes...

Yes. Yuck.