Re: Your favorite DG interfaces? Registration.

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:1/6/2000; 10:03:25 PM
Topic:Your favorite web-based DG interfaces?

I like signing up for site updates and DGs that capture my imagination or strike me as valuable.

It is a royal pain. Response?

Shared profiles. Let me-the-regristrant give a uid in the form of "username@subdomain.anotherManilaSite.com". the service grabs my profile data (xml-rpc or soap), posts it to my local profile on the new system, and I have the option to edit/adjust the data.

No central big-brother infomediary; redundancy built in. Opportunities for commerce enablement by third parties (when my profile includes credit cards and shipping addresses).

time saver.