Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Re: Unlock The Html object Element
Author: Phil Wolff Posted: 4/4/2000; 4:53:16 PM Topic: Let's talk about macros Msg #: 15934 (In response to 15930) Prev/Next: 15933 / 15935
So an implementation of Pike, for instance, might
- behave like a browser,
- get a web page with a script in it, and
- execute that Frontier script.
- IE might get that page,
- recognize the mime enclosure,
- launch Pike and pass the mimed content,
- Pike processes it, executing scripts or manipulating outlines or whatever you can get Pike to do,
- Pike returns the results to the browser.
Perhaps a way to work around the peer-to-peer problems that firewalls pose to Pike now?
Also, this lets the Pike button launch Pike straight from the browser, with all the information it needs to do something.
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:54:40 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.