Re: Private Business Matters

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:4/13/2000; 4:35:16 PM
Topic:First Amendment

I agree with Dave 100% here. This is not Dave's private matter. Userland is trying to launch an innovative ground breaking Internet product, Pike.

It simply does not work -- dead in the water kind of "does not work" -- if there are downtimes when people try to use it.

Dave, if you intend Pike to be used as a really remote writing tool, I do think you have to account for connectivity going away, in the tool itself. Instead of a POST NOW mechanism, have you considered a SCHEDULE CHANGES FOR POSTING kind of approach that keeps trying, and when the post happened successfully a confirmation box pops up?

BTW, a spell checker would have caught "wreckless" here. Did you mean "reckless"? :)