Re: Open/Closed Source Software

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/22/2000; 7:46:06 AM
Topic:Open/Closed Source Software

Yeah it could become flame-fest, so let's not go there. "MacBird" is a work of art, there are first-time ideas there that have never been implemented anywhere else. It was an incredible gift. I hate that you slime it so easily. Stop and think Chris. Go look at it, look at the fucking source. Understand it, critique it, learn from it. I wouldn't have bothered releasing it if there wasn't a lot of value there.