Empty Handed to the Table

Author:Jay Woods
Posted:7/9/2000; 5:32:12 AM
Topic:Empty Handed to the Table

I followed your link back to Making Money/Clinton. In that section once again the shared vision concept for the web is contrasted to the powerful desktop computer concept as if the two were mutually exclusive somehow.

One of the notions that I grew up with is to never come to the dinner table empty-handed. Each person should be contributing. Not necessarily today nor not as a child but when adulthood was reached this contribution was expected of each of us.

So it should be for each of us when we approach the web. It depends upon sharing what each of us brings. The most powerful ideas such as napster make this explicit and require a substantial computer on our part to act as a server and participate. ---Jay