Re: Outline Attributes

Author:Brian Kelly
Posted:7/9/2000; 1:42:55 PM
Topic:Outline Attributes

I also find it odd that the text is in attribute. I also find it even odder that sometimes the text attribute can be XML.

It would make more sense to me if the file had a format like this: http://www.spilth.org/xml/currentOutline/alternateFormat.xml

This way when you are going through the document via SAX or DOM it's easier to tell when you've jumped up or down to a new level of items. And the rules are easily extractable.

Knowing a bit how the outliner works in Frontier/Pike this would probably make things harder on that end, but I think that's ok because it's the end result (XML) that's supposed to be easy to understand.

This is just my XML-newbie point of view.