Re: investment

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/31/2000; 10:00:56 AM
Topic:investment

We have a 60 day trial window for Frontier.

http://store.userland.com/trialwindow

We've also released the core of Frontier as a freebie, over the weekend.

Let us work the glitches out in the Windows version and get the Mac version going, then tell your friends how to get started exploring its capabilities.

As that's happening, hopefully some people who got in the Trial Window program in June will convert to paying customers.

I think what we sell for $899 is a bargain, compared to what the competition charges. If other people don't think so, the solution is to not use the product. It's the same story the music industry is telling, and one that I agree with and support.

I know that surprises some people, I got a lot of flames, still getting them, but people don't listen very carefully before they attack, at least some people. Or they don't consider alternate realities. That's one of the reasons I wanted to do the POV exercises a few weeks ago, now a distant memory themselves!

Back in a minute with a pointer.

http://discuss.userland.com/msgReader$18647