Re: investment

Author:Russell Lipton
Posted:7/31/2000; 11:02:44 AM
Topic:investment

Oh, you! You're always nailing me with this, "hey, just do it yourself" if you want to stuff ;-)

Again, imo, you're right on (though it is only implicit in your reply) that there are two diff worlds in view here, with different support requirements, interests and, err, pocketbooks. (The good news is a lot of their feature requirements overlap).

Any such biz as I described would itself need to be targeted on the most "natural" Userland marketplace, namely, journalism-publishing within classic corporations (a ton of that goes on) or, better still, within businesses that ARE fundamentally publications by their mission (salon, wired, washington post, etc). I'm noticing that there are a number of largish pub bizzes with folks posting to the CMS list - they purchase "like" any corporation (the usual expectations, iow) but are a more receptive user of Frontier than "just any" corporation would be.

You should stay focused - your evident focus over the years is one of the major clues to the elegant tightness of the product. As for moi, I'll try to stay focused too on this minor little white paper project for now. One small step for duffer-kind. Dreams of glory can always follow.

aka HeadDuffer
whitepaper.editthispage.com