Re: What is RDF?

Author:R.V.Guha
Posted:8/21/2000; 2:17:11 PM
Topic:What is RDF?

Yes, the DMOZ guys (Skrenta, Tolles, et. al.) know about my hope for RSS feeds into DMOZ. That was in the original plan for RSS.

My connection with DMOZ is very simple. I was instrumental in Netscape acquiring Newhoo which then became dmoz. I was also instrumental in getting netscape/aol to give the data away. So, I know the dmoz creators well, I believe strongly in what they are doing and help them whichever way I can. They are also some of the best friends I have. I hope that clears things up.

I wish you would stop refering to my "RDF Plans". I wish I had some. Its a useful tool I use often. Beyond that, I don't have any plans.

If you need to put a face to RDF so that you can attack it, go pick someone else. Pick on W3C and TimBL --- he seems to be the most active and vocal proponent of RDF.

Guha