Re: What is RDF?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/21/2000; 2:55:53 PM
Topic:What is RDF?

Guha, you brought RDF to us, not any of the other people you mention. You can't have it both ways, you're presented as the creator of all this stuff, RSS especially, the owner of it, and you have a plan to make your ideas stick. I say as much, and you say somewhat obliquely that I'm doing something unethical. It turns out I got it right, and you still give me shit.

You stepped in the middle, took a leadership position in a technology area I care about, and have been very active in. Part of the reason your work has importance is work that I did, which you probably know little or nothing about.

I'm going to look at what you do every step along the way, and ask questions. You don't have a choice about that. On the phone you said I can't make you change your websites, which I heartily agreed with, and said so. The same rule goes here.