Re: What is RDF?

Author:cameron@alphanumerica.com
Posted:8/21/2000; 4:20:44 PM
Topic:What is RDF?

Dave, I'm looking pretty deep. I've followed this discussion and others and am disappointed in what I'm seeing. I thought people were beyond such disrespectful and veiled personal attacks, especially people who have been online as long as some involved in these discussions.

It's not about RSS. It's not about RDF. It's about simple respect, or the lack thereof, of the work done by others - regardless of whether you agree with their approach or not. It's one thing to debate someone's work in a public setting, whether it be a mailing list like FoRK or a discussion forum like discuss.userland.com, but it's an entirely different issue when those discussions and debates turn negative and disrespectful. Now it may be a case where what you're writing or what you're intending wasn't meant to be seen as disrespectful, but several private email conversations with the people involved have shown me that your debates are seen as disrespectful -- which is just as bad.

Dave, I deeply respect the work you have done over the years, and have long been an admirer of your writings, especially those on scripting.com. I mean, how would you feel if I started attacking the work you're doing? Or your software? It's just a very disrespectful thing to do and most people are nice enough to keep such conversations out of a public discussion.