Re: respect vs. disrespect

Author:Michel Benevento

So do you think Cameron is being respected now that he is being ridiculed and defaced on the SN home page? No sir.

Ans if I ask you to leave me alone, and you consequently ignore me, is that disrespect? I don't think so.

So attention does not equal respect, and ingoring is not always disrespect.

Respect is like love, you feel it in your heart, but it's hard to define and not always rational. It has to be maintained and returned and once you lose it, it's gone forever (which is the case for me personally vs Dave).